The acclimatisation conference
- The acclimatisation conference will be held at the University of Roehampton in London.
- Accommodation will be available from Saturday 18th August. The acclimatisation conference will begin with dinner on the evening of Sunday 19th August.
- Between Monday 20th August and Thursday 23rd August, a range of workshops will cover the National Curriculum and exam specifications for each subject and accompanying pedagogy.
- Additional sessions will support teachers with safeguarding, behaviour management and the wider role of being a teacher in England.
- The conference finishes on the morning of Friday 24th August.
- In most schools, the term starts on Monday 3rd September.
What might you expect at interview?
- The interview process is your opportunity to shine!
- There are differences between the expectations of teachers in different countries, but most will be centred around the 2012 Teachers’ Standards (see below).
- There may be scenario-type questions “What would you do if…”
- Additionally, most teachers are expected to teach during the selection process and you may be asked to provide a video of one of your lessons.
- There may be aspects of the role which will be new to you (being a form tutor, for example) which you can be assured employing schools will cover during the acclimatisation conference.
- And don’t forget to mention if you are a baseball coach, student counsellor or a musician and how you can contribute to the wider ethos of the school.
If you want to talk further about the nature of school interviews, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a phone call.
Teachers' Standards; GCSE Physics; GCSE Mathematics