Yorkshire Inclusive Teaching School Alliance
APPLYING TO US DURING COVID-19
We are following all guidelines from the Government during this difficult time. You can still apply to train to teach with us as normal through UCAS, our interviews will be carried out online.
For any questions about our process please e-mail Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Yorkshire Inclusive Teaching School Alliance currently comprises over 30 partners, including HEIs, schools, colleges and the Local Authority. In addition to Leeds it spans an area including towns and villages in North and West Yorkshire.
Its school partners represent a very wide range of educational settings, including primary, secondary, special, independent, maintained, academy and PRU as well as the Medical Needs Teaching Service. The Teaching School of this Alliance is the East SILC John Jamieson School and Technology College which is located in the East of Leeds.
In addition to offering training and support for the alliance, our role is to identify and co-ordinate expertise from across the Alliance, using the best leaders, teachers and support staff to:
1. Play a greater role in training new entrants to the profession
2. Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
3. Identify and develop leadership potential
4. Provide support for other schools
5. Designate and broker Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs)
6. Engage in research and development